DigiByte (DGB) traded 0.7% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on November 20th. During the last week, DigiByte has traded up 0.3% against the U.S. dollar. One DigiByte coin can now be bought for about $0.0080 or 0.00000021 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. DigiByte has a total market cap of $133.72 million and $3.10 million worth of DigiByte was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $37,527.06 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0780 or 0.00000208 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $70.08 or 0.00186753 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $228.13 or 0.00607906 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.97 or 0.00010589 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $164.63 or 0.00438698 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $19.52 or 0.00052013 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0117 or 0.00000031 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $48.00 or 0.00127902 BTC.
- NyanCoin (NYAN) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.40 or 0.00008809 BTC.
DigiByte (CRYPTO:DGB) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Multiple hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was January 12th, 2014. DigiByte’s total supply is 16,646,323,096 coins. DigiByte’s official message board is dgbforum.com. DigiByte’s official website is digibyte.org. The Reddit community for DigiByte is https://reddit.com/r/digibyte and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. DigiByte’s official Twitter account is @digibytecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here.
DigiByte: Refers to the entire DigiByte network or a single monetary unit on the payment network. 21 billion DigiBytes will be created over 21 years.
Block: A grouping of all transactions sent over the DigiByte network within a 30 second time frame. Think of a block as an excel spreadsheet that lists the address location of all DigiBytes at a given point in time in history. New DigiBytes are brought into circulation as each block is discovered on the network through a process called mining.
Mining: Mining is how transactions are processed on the network. Anyone can become a miner by donating and using their desktop, laptop or mobile phone computing power to help process transactions on the DigiByte network. DigiByte has made this process even easier with our 3 click mining software for beginners.
Blockchain: The DigiByte blockchain is the entire history of all blocks discovered on the network & therefore all transactions made on the network. Each block references the proceeding block all the way back to the beginning of the network to what is known as the genesis block. By linking blocks (spreadsheets) together an accurate, secure accounting of all up to date DigiByte ownership is made by decentralized consensus.”
Buying and Selling DigiByte
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as DigiByte directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade DigiByte should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy DigiByte using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for DigiByte Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for DigiByte and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.